Have your pompom and eat it too!
Ever had a snowball cookie? This is essentially the same cookie but with a little added food coloring to give it that colorful pompom look. Easy, tasty and a whole lot of fun!
- alex d. favorited Pom Pom Cookies 24 Jul 22:36
- Miss_Fit added Pom Pom Cookies to Food 09 Jul 18:24
- Miss_Fit favorited Pom Pom Cookies 09 Jul 18:23
- Jenn favorited Pom Pom Cookies 09 Dec 23:40
- Trine G. favorited Pom Pom Cookies 24 Jun 23:00
- Mochi Mochi favorited Pom Pom Cookies 17 May 02:28
- Suzi T. favorited Pom Pom Cookies 16 May 19:35
- Jamie S. published her project Pom Pom Cookies 16 May 06:00
Place ½ cup of the coconut in a large bowl. Chop remaining coconut and set aside. Add flour, 1/4 cup of the confectioners' sugar, salt and mix. Add butter and vanilla. Using a pastry blender, blend until dough comes together. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place dough balls 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake cookies until firm but tender, 15 minutes. Remove to rack, let cool completely.
In small bowl, stir together remaining 1 cup confectioners' sugar and enough milk until smooth but still thick. (May need more) Place some of the remaining coconut into a bowl with a few drops of food dye. Massage coconut until consistent color. Dip cookies into glaze and then sprinkle with dyed coconut. Repeat process with each cookie creating different colors if desired. Serve with milk and enjoy!