Fun way to display photos!
This frame adds a personal touch to the Christmas tree, but can be used as a simple hanging frame throughout the year! Such a fun way to display memorable photos in your home!
- ZombieUnicorn favorited Picture Frame Ornament 14 Jan 21:46
- Erica D. favorited Picture Frame Ornament 10 Apr 20:42
- Erica D. added Picture Frame Ornament to crochet 10 Apr 20:42
- Erica D. commented on Picture Frame Ornament 10 Apr 20:42
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Picture Frame Ornament 23 Mar 20:52
- martina.groenevelt favorited Picture Frame Ornament 13 Sep 06:12
- hannah g. replied to a comment on Picture Frame Ornament 12 Sep 00:53
- hannah g. commented on Picture Frame Ornament 12 Sep 00:49
- hannah g. favorited Picture Frame Ornament 11 Sep 21:07
- Suzi T. favorited Picture Frame Ornament 11 Sep 12:57
- Create a circular "frame": I traced a circle on a piece of cardstock and added a 1/2 in border. When cut out it should look like a ring. (My ring ended up being about 4 in. in diameter, but use whatever size works well with your photo.)
- Cut photo into a circle to fit inside the frame
- Round One: Sc around the circular frame. It doesn't matter how many sc, it just needs to be a number divisible by six. Make sure you squeeze the stitches in tightly so that the cardstock underneath doesn't show.
- Round Two: *Skip 2 sc, work (2 dc, ch 3, sl in third chain from hook, 2 dc in original sc) in next stitch, skip 2 st, sl in next stitch*, repeat from * to * around.
- Ch 20, slip into top of frame. Bind off and weave in ends.
- Position the photo inside the frame. Using needle and embroidery floss similar to color of yarn, attach the photo to the back of the frame. I just used a running stitch around the edge of the circle.
- Write year in a blank area of the picture. Use back stitch to embroider the numbers. Be careful not to make the stitches too small, because the photo paper is easy to rip.