Peyote Ring Collection
These rings are quick and easy to make. They all use even count flat peyote. Once you know the stitch the possibilities are endless! In this project we how you how to make the large daisy and leaf ring. All the others are variations on this theme. To make the thinner rings, add 4 beads instead of 6 in the first step.
- Lori H. favorited Peyote Ring 24 Jan 19:29
- Chandra M. favorited Peyote Ring 28 Jun 07:27
- Viola H. favorited Peyote Ring 24 Mar 20:10
- Rebecca M. favorited Peyote Ring 29 Jul 01:01
- Kimberly M. added Peyote Ring to jewelry patterns 15 Jun 05:56
- Sherri B. added Peyote Ring to Things I wanna try 13 Jun 16:07
- terrence w. added Peyote Ring to Things I Like 22 Dec 21:33
- zoegirl221 favorited Peyote Ring 18 Sep 02:19
- Abnormal Abby added Peyote Ring to Jewellry 10 Jun 22:27
- amyandJodie favorited Peyote Ring 26 Apr 19:16
Prepare your needle with about 200cm of nymo doubled up for extra strength. String a black rocaille on the thread and loop through it again, leaving a 15cm tail. Add another 5 black rocailles. These 6 beads will become row 1 and 2. To begin row 3 thread another bead and then pass the needle through the 5th bead of the original 6. Pick up another rocaille then pass the needle through the 3rd bead of the original 6, pick up another rocaille then pass the needle through the 1st bead of the original 6. To turn and make the next row pick up another rocaille then pass needle through bead no.9, pick up another rocaille then pass needle through no.8, pick up another rocaille then pass through no.7. Carry on this way until the beadwork is long enough to go round your finger.
To add a daisy, prepare your needle with another 200cm of thread. Begin as you finished off the ring by passing the thread through several beads on the ring and tie round one of the ring threads. Pick up 6 ruby or gold beads. Pass the thread through the first bead again. Pick up one contrasting colour rocaille and pass the thread through the fourth bead you added. Pull tight and thread through the ring to where you want your next daisy to be. Make as many daisies as you like. To make leaves,
simply pick up 6 lime green rocailles. Pass the needle back down through the first bead added and weave through the beads on the ring to where you want the next leaf to be. Finish off as before.