Mastering the Basics: Pasta
Not all pasta sauces need to be laden with tomatoes and this pumpkin, cinnamon and honey number is proof. This tasty combination is as comforting as it is delicious and the ideal meal when the weather is starting to get a little bit cooler.
- Sierra H. favorited Penne With Pumpkin And Cinnamon Sauce 18 Mar 02:08
- CapedCrusadette favorited Penne With Pumpkin And Cinnamon Sauce 13 Oct 23:36
- Lishieesaur favorited Penne With Pumpkin And Cinnamon Sauce 27 Sep 17:48
- HylianWriter534 favorited Penne With Pumpkin And Cinnamon Sauce 17 Sep 21:53
- Penny F. added Penne With Pumpkin And Cinnamon Sauce to cooking 01 Sep 16:02
- ElizabethJuddTaylor favorited Penne With Pumpkin And Cinnamon Sauce 25 Aug 14:30
- Murdoch Books published her project Penne With Pumpkin And Cinnamon Sauce 24 Jul 13:02
Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following the packet instructions, until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the onion until soft and golden. Add the garlic and cinnamon and cook for another minute.
Pour the cream into the pan, add the pumpkin and honey and simmer for 5 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender, the sauce has reduced and has thickened slightly and is heated through.
Add the cheese and stir until it has melted. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss until well combined. Serve sprinkled with the chives and extra cheese.