Make a quickbread that's a little different!
This moist, lightly spiced pear quickbread is a worthy competitor to the traditional banana bread. Give it a go!
- Diane T. favorited Pear And Cinnamon Bread 31 Aug 20:45
- Jean C. added Pear And Cinnamon Bread to Bread 31 Aug 07:33
- Alex2:a L. favorited Pear And Cinnamon Bread 22 Aug 20:10
- Libby W. favorited Pear And Cinnamon Bread 22 Aug 08:44
- Crafterella featured Pear And Cinnamon Bread 21 Aug 22:00
- Wild A. favorited Pear And Cinnamon Bread 17 Aug 23:49
- Emma H. favorited Pear And Cinnamon Bread 15 Aug 21:04
- Rhea W. favorited Pear And Cinnamon Bread 10 Aug 15:44
- Spanky H. favorited Pear And Cinnamon Bread 09 Aug 10:23
- Marie B. favorited Pear And Cinnamon Bread 08 Aug 17:33
Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Grease and line a loaf tin.
Combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs, buttermilk, sugar, lime juice + zest and vanilla essence.
Place the pear into a blender jug and blend into a puree. (You may need to add a little water to help it along, depending on the ripeness of the pears.)
Whisk the pear puree into the butter mixture.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture bowl, and use a spatula to fold until just incorporated.
Pour into the loaf tin, top with pear slices, and bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Leave to cool in the tin for 15-20 minutes before lifting out and allowing to cool completely on a rack.