Yield 8 ounces
Prep Time 10 minutes
Have you ever made your own peanut butter? It’s just so much better than store-bought, and it’s one of the easiest things to make at home. One day, on a whim, I added some Oreos to my peanut butter and, oh my goodness, I couldn’t believe the flavor. Beware: This peanut butter is very addicting. Hide your spoons!
© 2019 Dorothy Kern / Ulysses Press · Reproduced with permission. · Photography courtesy of Ulysses Press/Dorothy Kern
- SugarNSpiceLily favorited Oreo Peanut Butter 28 Jul 21:12
- Rebecca M. favorited Oreo Peanut Butter 11 Jun 12:56
- ale_corason favorited Oreo Peanut Butter 11 Dec 10:12
- Rebecca Lea G. favorited Oreo Peanut Butter 23 Nov 18:21
- amyistheparty favorited Oreo Peanut Butter 19 Nov 18:45
- Ulysses Press published her project Oreo Peanut Butter 13 Nov 06:00
Place the peanuts and sandwich cookies in a food processor and run continuously until a butter forms. Time will vary depending on your food processor’s age and speed. Mine takes about 4 minutes to reach a creamy, buttery consistency. If your processor is older, or starts to feel hot during processing, stop the machine and let it rest a few minutes before continuing. The dip will go from crumbly to a ball and then smooth out, then become soft and smooth, like a natural peanut butter. That’s when it’s done.
Serve on toast, as a dip, or with a spoon. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Tip: You’re not limited to Oreos here—try your favorite cookie flavor! If you’re not a peanut person, most other nuts also lend themselves to this method (but you may need to add a tablespoon or so of oil during processing to smooth it out).