make your own personal memory board without draining your wallet, or pricking your fingers!
I've always loved the look of the memory/photo boards I saw in stores, but was never fond of the price! Since I'm not the greatest at sewing, I found a cheap, easy way to create my own, without needing a needle or thread! :)
- Alice N. added No Sew Memory Board to Room Deco 18 Dec 12:52
- Rose K. favorited No Sew Memory Board 19 Aug 21:00
- catmaplover55 favorited No Sew Memory Board 11 Mar 04:13
- sweetsami88 favorited No Sew Memory Board 23 Jun 06:22
- Devan M. favorited No Sew Memory Board 11 May 19:49
- Conn favorited No Sew Memory Board 10 Mar 17:06
- OH! Its the Domo :3 favorited No Sew Memory Board 17 Sep 23:22
- choco s. favorited No Sew Memory Board 21 Aug 11:19
- Samantha B. favorited No Sew Memory Board 17 Aug 01:26
- leslie.centeno.311 favorited No Sew Memory Board 20 Jul 01:56
First, gather and prep all of your materials!
I bought my fabric from the thrift store for only 99 cents per pillowcase, and had the cardboard and push pins just laying around my house!
You'll want cut your cardboard to the desirable size, iron your fabric if necessary and plug in your hot glue gun!
(my cardboard was about 24" X 36")
*Money saving tip: instead of buying new ribbon at the store, cut the trim off an old piece of clothing!
I cut the lace off of an old dress up skirt!
Using your glue gun, put a pea sized dab of glue in the corner of your board underneath your ribbon.
Make sure your ribbon is pulled tight, and press firmly on the glued spot.
*If your ribbons are too loose, they won't hold up your pictures!
Do this on all ribbons where they meet the edge of your board.