Last year I collected lots of acorn cups and never got around to doing anything with them.
So this year I decided to make needle felted acorns with them. I added ribbon to mine so I could hang them.
- Rebecca M. favorited Needle Felted Acorns 26 Jun 11:50
- Penny F. added Needle Felted Acorns to Needle felting 04 Jan 20:01
- Pimke added Needle Felted Acorns to Strickmuster 18 Mar 17:11
- Alissa B. favorited Needle Felted Acorns 22 Apr 00:03
- Alex B. favorited Needle Felted Acorns 25 Dec 22:32
- zoegirl221 favorited Needle Felted Acorns 18 Sep 00:34
- sian.emilyy favorited Needle Felted Acorns 03 Aug 12:00
- Raven Beauty favorited Needle Felted Acorns 30 Jul 13:35
- Jessica A. favorited Needle Felted Acorns 06 May 14:26
- meg.matthews.77 favorited Needle Felted Acorns 08 Mar 19:44
Start by lightly washing your acorn cups in soapy water and leaving to dry. Liberally coat them with PVA glue and immediately sprinkle on glitter and leave to dry. Gather a small ball of roving together and start to needle punch it, turning and twisting it as you punch so you keep it in a small ball.
Roll the felted ball in your hands to get the shape you want and continue needle punching the roving till you have a small, tight, felted acorn shape. Using a hot glue gun, place a small amount of glue on the inside of the acorn cup and push felted ball into the glue. Fold your ribbon strips in half and, using the hot glue gun, add a dab of glue to the top of the acorn cup. Push ends of ribbon strip into glue before it dries.