Disclosure: I may have been on a sugar high when I wrote this post. Halloween Season is officially here! The time of monsters and scary movies, haunted houses and spooks. It is also the time for sticky-sweet treats like these Monster Mash Halloween Brownies.
Me and my little ghoul-friend made these over the top Halloween brownies together. Holiday baking is family fun in our kitchen. Magically swirled with bright purple and green buttercream on top of fudgy brownies, this treat has a trick inside.
And a whole lot of sprinkles on the outside. (My little monster likes sprinkles.)
- mmotse03 favorited Monster Mash Halloween Brownies 22 Feb 12:35
- Susan G. commented on Monster Mash Halloween Brownies 15 Oct 19:16
- Kimya J. favorited Monster Mash Halloween Brownies 08 Oct 02:32
- Crafterella featured Monster Mash Halloween Brownies 05 Oct 23:00
- Buy This Cook That published her project Monster Mash Halloween Brownies 27 Sep 09:00
You Will Need
Preheat oven to temperature on brownie package.
Spray an 8x12 pan with butter flavored non stick spray. Line the pan with parchment paper, and spray the parchment lightly.
In a bowl, stir together the brownie mix, eggs, oil, and water until just combined. Spread the brownie batter evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Press the peanut butter cups into the brownie mixture.
Place the powdered sugar in a large bowl. With a hand mixer, beat the sugar on low for a minute to break up the lumps. Add the butter and cream cheese, and beat on low to medium low until the mixture is crumbly.
Gradually add the vanilla and milk, beating the frosting until desired consistency.
Divide the frosting into two smaller bowls. Tint the bowls with gel icing color to desired shade. Stir well to blend.