Mixed vegetables tempered with spices, simmered in coconut milk and garnished with fresh basil leaves. Goes well with rice or breads.
- mr.nawaabfuzzumspompom favorited Mixed Vegetables Coconut & Basil Curry 18 Jun 12:03
- KelliDroze added Mixed Vegetables Coconut & Basil Curry to Food 16 Jun 06:15
- caralee favorited Mixed Vegetables Coconut & Basil Curry 14 Jun 04:34
- caralee added Mixed Vegetables Coconut & Basil Curry to Wishlist 14 Jun 04:33
- Manali S. published her project Mixed Vegetables Coconut & Basil Curry 01 May 00:19
You Will Need
Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot first add the mustard seeds and wait till it starts popping out. Then add cumin seeds, curry leaves, dry red chillies and cardamom pods. Saute for a minute and add the cubed potatoes. Cook for 2 minutes and then add all the remaining vegetables and also half of the chopped basil leaves. Mix and saute for 2 minutes.
Add coconut milk and water and let the veggies cook at medium-low flame. Cover the pan and cook the veggies till they are softened. Once done add the salt and mix. Add the cornstarch [dissolved in water] and stir. This thickens the curry and gives it a nice consistency. Add the remaining basil leaves and switch off the flame.