Soft caramel, crisp crust, salted peanuts, and silky milk chocolate make these small pies absolute delicacies!
About 8 Pies
- JJ W. favorited Mini Caramel & Peanut Pies 13 Aug 14:06
- Suzi T. favorited Mini Caramel & Peanut Pies 06 Feb 12:31
- Southern Crafter added Mini Caramel & Peanut Pies to Baking 23 Jan 05:58
- Emma H. favorited Mini Caramel & Peanut Pies 19 Jan 14:03
- jade.owen.338 added Mini Caramel & Peanut Pies to Cakes 11 Jan 11:24
- Julia favorited Mini Caramel & Peanut Pies 10 Jan 21:23
- GMC Group published her project Mini Caramel & Peanut Pies 27 Nov 12:53
You Will Need
In a food processor, pulse the butter, powdered sugar, flour, and cacao together until crumbly. Mix in the water and pulse until the dough comes together. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Roll out the dough and then line 8 mini pie tins. Bake for 6–8 minutes. For best results, line the crusts with parchment paper, fill with dried yellow peas or beans, and then remove them after baking the piecrusts.
Melt the butter in a heavy-bottomed stainless steel saucepan. Stir in the cream, sugar, syrup, and cacao
powder and boil until the temperature reaches 246–250˚F. It’s important not to let the caramel boil too long or get too hot; otherwise it will be too hard. Stir now and then.
Remove the pan from the heat and let the caramel cool a bit. Distribute the peanuts into all the piecrusts. Pour in the caramel and let it cool completely.
Chop the chocolate and place it in a bowl. Bring the cream to a boil and pour it over the chocolate. Stir until all the chocolate has melted. Pour the ganache over the caramel and let harden. If you like, garnish with shaved milk chocolate.