an easy treat for entertaining or gifting
I used to make peanut brittle by standing over the stove and stirring for over an hour, but once I found that I could make it in the microwave, my world changed! Here is a quick and easy recipe that my dad loved. It's definitely a crowd pleaser, whether it's for a favor or just to eat!
- JadeSucksAtLife favorited Microwave Peanut Brittle 19 Feb 22:22
- Jennifer P. replied to a comment on her project Microwave Peanut Brittle 15 Feb 13:17
- Isabella C. commented on Microwave Peanut Brittle 15 Feb 12:15
- fesummers favorited Microwave Peanut Brittle 10 Feb 19:27
- LUPE68 favorited Microwave Peanut Brittle 07 Feb 09:29
- Gina T. favorited Microwave Peanut Brittle 06 Feb 15:53
- Deb favorited Microwave Peanut Brittle 06 Feb 14:01
- Crafterella featured Microwave Peanut Brittle 31 Jan 23:00
- Kimya J. favorited Microwave Peanut Brittle 31 Jan 04:09
- Jennifer P. favorited her project Microwave Peanut Brittle 30 Jan 19:55
Prepare a flat surface covered with parchment paper to place the peanut brittle (like a cookie sheet). Have handy 2 forks, too.
In a 2 quart glass measuring cup combine sugar, corn syrup and salt.
Stir until sugar is moistened.
Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
Stir in butter and nuts, and return to microwave for 4 1/2 minutes.
The mixture should be thick, bubbly and pale brown. It will be HOT, so use the handle of the bowl and/or an oven mitt… hot hot hot!!
Stir in vanilla and baking soda (it will make a fizzing sound and cause the mixture to lose a little air).
Pour onto your prepared flat surface immediately, and spread it as flat and even as possible using the two forks (pulling at it to increase the surface area it covers).
Let stand for about 20 minutes (sometimes I put it into the fridge), and when it is cool break it into bite sized pieces … yum!
Store in an airtight container.