2 ingredient melt in your mouth cookies! (sorta)
these cookies are probably the easiest cookies to make! they may not be the typical cookie but they are ssooo ADDICTING. whenever i make these and give them to people, they disappear in a snap. they're that good.
- Phoenix M. commented on Meringue Cookies 14 Aug 22:28
- Phoenix M. favorited Meringue Cookies 13 Aug 04:49
- Jasmine C. favorited Meringue Cookies 22 Jul 21:47
- Abnormal Abby added Meringue Cookies to Recipes 11 Jun 17:03
- Kendall M. commented on Meringue Cookies 10 Feb 00:29
- elaina.nattrass added Meringue Cookies to Sweets 20 Jan 21:51
- Kally favorited Meringue Cookies 29 Sep 15:16
- Krystal K. favorited Meringue Cookies 04 Jul 15:51
- Danni Diamond favorited Meringue Cookies 23 Jun 22:09
start off by placing the 3 eggs whites in to a large bowl. using a mixer, beat it till the egg whites have stiff peaks. if you're not sure if it's ready yet, just flip the bowl over and it should stay in place.
once you're positive that the meringue has stiff peaks, add the sugar. when adding the sugar, you pour and mix little by little. adding too much or everything at the same time could ruin the cookies' consistency. after adding all 3/4 cups of sugar, the meringue should look glossy.
(optional) you can add more flavor by adding vanilla extract or any kind of extract. this part is optional but what i usually do is i kinda eye-ball it and add a cap full of vanilla extract to the meringue. you could even add chocolate chips! do whatever you like haha experiment ;D but make sure you fold in the ingredients into the meringue until the ingredient is no longer visible. DO NOT STIR. folding it keeps it light and airy.
now that the meringue is ready, you can start making shapes with the meringue. BEFORE YOU DO, preheat the oven to 225 degrees F. i used a pastry bag but you could use the drop method, too. for those who don't know what the drop method is, its when you scoop with one spoon and use another spoon to drop it in to the pan. use whatever cookie sheet you have and cover it with wax/ parchment paper. WARNING: you might need up to 2 cookie sheets or more
the bake time of the cookies really depends. it could be less then an hour or more. to check if its ready, poke a toothpick into the center of one of the cookies and it should come out clean. if not, leave it in there for maybe 15 minutes or so.