It always impress people but meringues are simple to make: follow me!
All my tips and tricks to accomplish wonderful meringues to decorate all your cake, degustate with a cup of tea or for any other time you need meringues!
Beat the egg whites until stiff. It's not so hard if you follow these simple rules:
- Your eggs HAVE TO be at room temperature, if they was in the fridge, you can put them on the microwave for 10 or 20 seconds.
- Begin slow and increase the speed step by step.
- You can add some salt or lemon juice, it can help. I don't.
You can bake your meringues on grease-proof paper or on a silicone sheet. I used to use aluminium foil but it is not really useful.
Then, I use a pastry bag to give my meringues a nice form but you can just put some base with a spoon.
You can do all flat motives that you want, but in volume, meringues always looks like little poo (sorry for that..)
Bake them to the lowest temperature you can. Meringues have to dry, not litterally bake. Let them in the hoven for an hour at least. More if they need!
- If you worry, you can try to bake them for an half-hour at time.
- They are ready when they are crusty, touch them, if there is a mark, they aren't enough bake.