Transform a boring notebook into a swirled journal!
I learned this cheap and easy technique from an art class that I took once. It's incredibly simple, and who doesn't love to cover themself in shaving cream? The best part: no two journals end up the same!
- Marie R. favorited Marbled Journal Cover 11 Feb 19:23
- Marie R. added Marbled Journal Cover to DIY's to do 11 Feb 19:22
- Phoenix M. added Marbled Journal Cover to Summer Projects 21 Jun 22:10
- Prisha K. favorited Marbled Journal Cover 18 Apr 09:26
- Phoenix M. favorited Marbled Journal Cover 03 Jul 02:50
- siena h. added Marbled Journal Cover to money 25 Apr 14:14
- Emma S. added Marbled Journal Cover to projects 06 Feb 08:12
- LilKitten2000 commented on Marbled Journal Cover 05 Jan 04:31
- LilKitten2000 favorited Marbled Journal Cover 05 Jan 04:31
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Marbled Journal Cover 03 Jan 13:17
Spray the shaving cream out on the cookie sheet. Spread the cream out evenly with your hands. Don't worry, it doesn't have to be perfectly smooth.
Squirt the paint onto the shaving cream. Swirl the cream with the popsicle stick or your finger. You should have a nice swirly pattern in the shaving cream.
Take the notebook, unfold it, and place the cover down in the cream. Press down gently, then slowly and carefully pull it up.
Take the scraper or plastic knife and gently scrape the excess shaving cream off of the cover. If there is any left, you can use paper towels to remove it. Congratulations on your new original journal!