Malted milk chocolate cake
Malted milk chocolate sheet cake topped with chocolate frosting and crushed Maltesers
- ModernMyth Angel favorited Malted Milk Chocolate Cake 09 Jul 14:28
- John W. commented on Malted Milk Chocolate Cake 22 Dec 05:07
- Musicvilla commented on Malted Milk Chocolate Cake 19 Dec 15:30
- Musicvilla favorited Malted Milk Chocolate Cake 19 Dec 15:29
- matthew t. commented on Malted Milk Chocolate Cake 19 Aug 05:39
- matthew t. favorited Malted Milk Chocolate Cake 19 Aug 05:39
- bruno j. commented on Malted Milk Chocolate Cake 25 May 10:41
- White P. commented on Malted Milk Chocolate Cake 15 Apr 05:58
- nimble c. commented on Malted Milk Chocolate Cake 22 Mar 05:22
- daryl l. commented on Malted Milk Chocolate Cake 21 Mar 05:00
You Will Need
Heat the oven to 180 degrees and grease and line a 23 x 33cm traybake tin.
First, make the cake batter. Gently melt the butter in a saucepan and leave to cool slightly.
Into a large bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, malted milk powder, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt. Use a whisk to stir through (this will do the same as sifting it into the bowl).
Add the sugar and continue to whisk to break up any lumps.
Whisk together the milk, oil, vanilla extract and melted butter before whisking into the dry ingredients.
Start slowly at first until everything is incorporated and then give it a good beat with the whisk.
Pour into the prepared tin, smooth over and bake for 30 minutes. The cake should have risen and slightly shrunken at the sides. A skewer should come out clean when poked into the middle.
Remove from the oven and leave for 10 minutes before inverting onto a wire rack and leaving to cool fully.
Once the cake has cooled, begin to make the frosting.
Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, stirring a few times until smooth. Heat the milk in a small saucepan until steaming and gently bubbling, not boiling.
Into a large bowl, sift the cocoa powder and malted milk powder, gently stir in the hot milk to form a smooth paste. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
Add the butter to the paste, sift in the icing sugar and beat with an electric mixer until creamy. Fold in the melted cooled chocolate.
Pour half onto the cooled cake, smooth over with a palette knife before adding the rest and swirling around on top. The frosting will set after 30 mins or so.