My very first sewing project: Cute, little bag from old cushion cover.
Last weekend, in a lovely wooden summer cottage, my boyfriend and his mother did me the biggest favour and taught me how to sew with a sewing machine. Then in order to start my very first project, his mom gave me this lovely, old, ripped of cushion cover that made me scream!! I was so beginner but I didn't want to use that bautiful fabric for a simple coin purse or a typical square shaped canvas bag. So I decided to force myself a bit and make something as pretty as the fabric. I came up with the idea of making a bag that is shaped like a money bag with a dollar sign.
I use it everyday since I made it and getting a lot of compliments :)
Lala proudly shares her very first sewing project <3
Hope you like it!!
- MaybeAViking favorited Lovely Bag From Cushion Cover 29 Jun 17:43
- blissfulgoddess added Lovely Bag From Cushion Cover to to try 27 Feb 08:18
- blissfulgoddess favorited Lovely Bag From Cushion Cover 27 Feb 08:15
- Mowdy28 favorited Lovely Bag From Cushion Cover 26 Jan 15:43
- cristinakilljoyway favorited Lovely Bag From Cushion Cover 01 Jan 01:15
- MaxineLouise favorited Lovely Bag From Cushion Cover 26 Aug 23:20
- lala entered her project Lovely Bag From Cushion Cover to Hardware Store Decor Contest 18 Sep 10:03
- lala entered her project Lovely Bag From Cushion Cover to The Ultimate DIY Competition 27 Aug 01:02
This is the pieces that I got when i ripped off all the stiches of the cushion cover. I got two big pieces that I used for the main part and for the bottom and one long and thin piece that I used for the handle of the bag.
I didn't use any measurements, I did everything according to the shape of the cushion cover. It was my all inspiration, fabric shaped itself!
I put the elastic band into the line that I made before with the help of a safety pin. I ruffled a little bit and tied the band. Cut the rest. Make sure that it is not that tight, otherwise you can't use your bag :)
You can use ribbons, I believe they'll look pretty. But then you have to untie and tie it all the time. It is up to you.