Holiday Lollipop Brooch!
You will get a TON of mileage out of this sweet and simple, candy-licious crochet project by turning it into a brooch, hair clip, sweater appliqué, or greeting card/scrapbook embellishment! There are so many possibilities! It’s also a great way to use up small pieces of leftover/scrap yarn in whatever delicious colors you already have laying around.
- Miley S. favorited Lollipop Brooch 10 Aug 10:38
- ZombieUnicorn favorited Lollipop Brooch 14 Jan 23:01
- Jenee Nicole added Lollipop Brooch to Crochet 28 Apr 07:16
- sae.esaka favorited Lollipop Brooch 26 Nov 15:03
- amyistheparty favorited Lollipop Brooch 19 Nov 18:12
- Tierra T. favorited Lollipop Brooch 26 Oct 16:17
- RareJewel favorited Lollipop Brooch 20 Jul 00:28
- Alice N. added Lollipop Brooch to Accessories 05 Mar 00:02
- Siru N. favorited Lollipop Brooch 06 Dec 19:40
- Sabrina Dee Berry favorited Lollipop Brooch 04 Dec 00:43
You Will Need
With White yarn, ch 4 and slip stitch to 1st ch to form a loop. Ch 1.
Round 1: Work 2 sc and 1 hdc into loop. Drop White but pull on the loop to make it longer so that it’s less likely to unravel (pull the loop long any time you drop a color). Pick up Red and join to loop. Ch 1. Work 3 sc into loop. Do not join rounds.
Round 2: Continuing with Red, work 2 sc each in next 3 sts. Drop Red. Pick up White and work 2 hdc each in next 3 sts. Drop White.
Round 3: Pick up Red. (Work 2 sc in next st, and 1 sc in next st) 3 times. Drop Red. Pick up White and (work 2 hdc in next st, and 1 hdc in next st) 3 times. Drop White.
Round 4: Pick up Red. (Work 2 sc in next st, and 1 sc each in next 2 sts) 2 times. Work 2 sc in next st, 1 sc in next st, and slip stitch in next st. Break off Red. Pick up White and (work 2 hdc in next st, and 1 hdc each in next 2 sts) 3 times. Do not drop White.
Round 5: Continuing with White, (work 2 hdc in next st, and 1 sc each in next 3 sts) 2 times. 2 hdc in next st, 1 hdc each in next 2 sts, 1 sc in next st, and slip stitch to next st. Break off White. Weave in all your ends.
Join Beige yarn to the bottom of your lollipop. I like to join the stick where I just broke off the Lollipop yarns. Ch 12. Sk 1st ch, and then work 11 slip stitches. Break off. Sew this end back into lollipop to join to lollipop. Weave in all ends.
With Pink yarn, ch 7.
Row 1: Sk 1st ch and work 6 sc.
Row 2: Ch 1, turn. Work sc evenly across.
Row 3: Ch 1, turn. Work sc evenly across. Break off. Weave in ends.
Thread about 12 in of yarn thru your tapestry needle and wind yarn around the center of the rectangle you just made to form a bow shape. Secure ends and then sew bow to lollipop.