A leafy pillow that will definitly stand out from the others!
For my exam I had the theam of nature so I came up with this idea- a leafy pillow.
It definitly stands out from most pillows! and I have resived many comments about it!
- Ruby S. favorited Leaves Pillow 18 Apr 10:39
- Key West Witch added Leaves Pillow to Crafts General 24 Mar 10:45
- marilyn.steckly favorited Leaves Pillow 21 Apr 04:20
- Heather G. favorited Leaves Pillow 03 Dec 00:47
- TK Rainy favorited Leaves Pillow 18 Nov 04:04
- zoegirl221 added Leaves Pillow to sewing 16 Sep 00:09
- Nancy! added Leaves Pillow to Monde des Fée/Fôret enchantée 22 Mar 00:22
- Lorelai P. favorited Leaves Pillow 14 Jan 22:47
- vie c. added Leaves Pillow to usefull cool 07 Jan 19:49
First cut out your patterns, the leaves (can be cut out useing a picture from the internet or you can draw one which evers best) and the cushion was just two squares
Then Iron your leaf shapes onto some fusiable web and cut out. Then arrange them on one of the cushion squares and iron on.- this will stop them moving when you embrodier them.
Then on a normal machine put an embrodiary foot on and embrodier around the edges of the leaves in differnt shades of green for each leaf. (this can also be done by hand but may take a long time)
Next set your machine on a very small width and embrodier tiny vains in the leaves. (for my leaves I used silk this gave it lovely effects when the light shone it)
Final pin the wrong sides of your cushion squares together and sew them together leaving a gap. Then turn it back so the designs on the front and stuff with stuffing. Close the gap up with a thread in a simular colour useing ladder stich. And your done yeyyy :)