easy way to revamp your t-shirts
I had this all lace t-shirt that i was tired of and wanted to revamp and there has been this trend that i really like where you have lace on the back. So i decided to do just that!
- Katie E. favorited Lace Back T Shirt Reconstruction 04 Apr 10:10
- Rachel B. favorited Lace Back T Shirt Reconstruction 17 Aug 22:06
- Pimke added Lace Back T Shirt Reconstruction to Upcycling 27 Jan 09:35
- Rhonda G. favorited Lace Back T Shirt Reconstruction 20 Aug 20:02
- Shelly S. added Lace Back T Shirt Reconstruction to refashion 05 Aug 02:14
- Shelly S. favorited Lace Back T Shirt Reconstruction 05 Aug 02:14
- bkind2me08501 favorited Lace Back T Shirt Reconstruction 27 Jul 15:04
- Pramodini Arela entered her project Lace Back T Shirt Reconstruction to SINGER Dress Form Contest 12 Apr 07:11
- Pramodini Arela entered her project Lace Back T Shirt Reconstruction to Allstarco Contest 16 Feb 07:53
- rockinrubysalonandmassage favorited Lace Back T Shirt Reconstruction 01 Feb 19:30
DISMANTLE THE LACE SHIRT. I just cut off the serging, but if you are patient and need the seam allowance, you can take it out. If you have two shirts, one lace and one plain, that are roughly the same size and style, you can just use those and dismantle both shirts.
FOR XL SHIRT. If you are using another shirt, like i did, cut up one side so that you have one big piece of fabric. It doesn't have to be that neat.
TRACE AND CUT OUT. using the back piece of the lace shirt you dismantled, place it on the former XL shirt. Then, trace and cut out. There was a logo on the front of my XL shirt, so I cut my new front out of the back.
CUT THE TOP OF THE LACE BACK. to make the shoulders the solid fabric, cut the lace shirt right under the armpit area. Then use the top piece you just cut off as a pattern to cut out the top piece of the solid fabric. I had to use another shirt of the same fabric because there wasn't enough room.IF YOU WANT THE WHOLE BACK TO BE LACE, SKIP THIS STEP AND THE NEXT
SEW THE TOP BACK AND BOTTOM BACK TOGETHER. Using a zigzag stitch, sew the top and bottom piece together.
ATTACH THE FRONT AND BACK. make sure right sides are facing toward each other.
HEM THE NECK, BOTTOM, AND SLEEVES.
WEAR A FUN COLORED TANK UNDERNEATH!