The Portlandia Cookbook
Active: 30 minutes * Total: 45 minutes * Serves 4 to 5
- Jenn favorited Kale And Quinoa Bowl With Tofu And Mushrooms 21 Jun 14:19
- KelliDroze added Kale And Quinoa Bowl With Tofu And Mushrooms to Food 29 Jan 02:29
- Olivia H. favorited Kale And Quinoa Bowl With Tofu And Mushrooms 22 Jan 01:54
- Anna S. favorited Kale And Quinoa Bowl With Tofu And Mushrooms 20 Jan 20:05
- Ten Speed Press published her project Kale And Quinoa Bowl With Tofu And Mushrooms 27 Oct 21:12
You Will Need
Make the quinoa: In a medium saucepan, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the shallot and cook over medium heat until softened, about 4 minutes.
Add the quinoa and cook, stirring until it’s nutty and you begin to hear a popping sound, about 3 minutes. Add 1½ cups water and a pinch of salt and bring to a strong boil. Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, until all the water is absorbed. Let sit off the heat for 15 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
Make the vegetables: In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the vegetable oil until shimmering. Add the mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
Scrape the mushrooms onto a plate and heat another tablespoon of the oil in the same skillet. Add the tofu and cook over moderately high heat, turning occasionally, until browned all over, about 7 minutes.
Add the tofu to the mushrooms on the plate and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of the oil in the same skillet. Add the shallots and ginger and cook over medium-high heat, stirring until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the kale and cook, stirring until wilted, about 3 minutes.
Return the tofu and mushrooms to the skillet and cook together, stirring, until heated through, about 2 minutes. Add the soy sauce and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
Mound the quinoa in bowls and top with the kale, mushroom, and tofu. Serve right away.