The Hoosier Mama Book of Pie
Makes one 9-inch pie
- Kala V. favorited Jeffersonville Pie 16 Jul 19:39
- Emma H. favorited Jeffersonville Pie 30 Jun 22:22
- jade.owen.338 added Jeffersonville Pie to Other food 30 Jun 18:03
- heather r. added Jeffersonville Pie to Food Items to make 24 Jun 23:21
- Hester A. favorited Jeffersonville Pie 21 Jun 10:48
- Agate Publishing published her project Jeffersonville Pie 08 Apr 18:16
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
Roughly chop the pecans in a food processor, or by hand.
Place the pie shell on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Spread the pecans over the bottom of the pie shell and set aside.
Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water and bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
Place the butter in a medium, heatproof bowl and rest it on top of the saucepan of simmering water. Stir the butter occasionally until it is melted.
Meanwhile, mix the granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt in a small bowl until thoroughly combined.
Remove the butter from the heat and work the sugar mixture into the butter with a spatula until the butter is well absorbed.
Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Whisk in the maple syrup.
Place the bowl back on top of the saucepan of simmering water and heat, whisking constantly, until the maple syrup mixture reaches 140°F (60°C) on an instant-read thermometer.
Pour through a fine-mesh strainer into the prepared pie shell, over the pecans.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, until the pie is slightly puffed and the center is set.
Cool to room temperature before slicing.
After pie has cooled, stripe it with Chocolate Ganache.