Try this two ingredient Dango recipe - super fun!
This recipe calls for only two ingredients to make the Dango balls. The lovely sweet soy sauce dipping sauce really makes this recipe POP! It's a great way to learn about a new culture and have fun at the same time - not to mention enjoying a delicious treat!
- Hannah C. favorited Japanese Midarashi Dango 20 Feb 19:13
- Crafterella featured Japanese Midarashi Dango 14 Apr 23:00
- Kiara favorited their project Japanese Midarashi Dango 14 Apr 00:35
- Kinhime Dragon added Japanese Midarashi Dango to Food 13 Apr 00:06
- Kiara published their project Japanese Midarashi Dango 12 Apr 09:00
Remove excess water from your tofu and put it into a large bowl.
Mush it up with your fingers and add the flour and mix it until it becomes a soft dough. If the dough is too dry, add a tiny bit of water - but the more you knead the more dough like it will become so try not to add too much extra water.
Start boiling some water in a large pot on your stove.
While the water is heating up - wet your hands a little (to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands) and start rolling your dough into little balls - slightly bigger than marbles (you don't want them too big as it will take too long to boil in the hot water).
Prepare another bowl with ice cold water (cold water with ice is great).
Once your hot water on the stove is boiling - add your dango balls in to the hot water. You know when the balls are done when they start popping up to the surface.
Once done, scoop them out and place them into the ice water to cool them down immediately.