Please trust us on this one – it's delicious! We like to serve it and let people guess what the ingredients are: they are so confused when you tell them it’s banana soup. The Scotch bonnet chilli pepper is optional, but it gives a real Caribbean kick.
© 2021 Fraser Reid / Kitchen Press · Reproduced with permission.
- Palak S. commented on Jamaican Curried Banana Soup 28 Feb 09:58
- Crafterella featured Jamaican Curried Banana Soup 08 Feb 23:00
- RareJewel favorited Jamaican Curried Banana Soup 07 Feb 11:58
- Elena B. favorited Jamaican Curried Banana Soup 04 Feb 02:56
- Kitchen Press published her project Jamaican Curried Banana Soup 25 Jan 09:00
You Will Need
Heat a pot on a medium-low heat and add the oil or butter. Add the onion and garlic and fry for 5–10 minutes until soft.
Stir in the carrot, sweet potato and curry powder, giving everything a mix, and then put in the chopped bananas.
Pour in 1.2 litres of boiling water along with the crumbled stock cubes and the whole Scotch bonnet. Bring everything to the boil and then simmer for 15–20 minutes.
Remove the chilli pepper before blending everything together, and then season the soup well to taste.