Fusion Food in the Vegan Kitchen
Yep, Mexican sushi! This is a fun appetizer. I like to serve mine with a little dish of soy sauce and a healthy dollop of Creamy Sesame Sriracha Sauce. You will need a bamboo sushi rolling mat.
Yield: 8 rolls (64 pieces)
© 2020 Joni Marie Newman · Reproduced with permission.
- Natalia M. added Jalapeno Chimi Corn Sushi With Cilantro Lime Sticky Rice to Foooood! 06 Feb 00:59
- Dayna D. added Jalapeno Chimi Corn Sushi With Cilantro Lime Sticky Rice to Eats! 04 Nov 01:19
- Chudames favorited Jalapeno Chimi Corn Sushi With Cilantro Lime Sticky Rice 11 Oct 16:45
- KelliDroze added Jalapeno Chimi Corn Sushi With Cilantro Lime Sticky Rice to Food 08 Oct 18:26
- Creative Publishing international published her project Jalapeno Chimi Corn Sushi With Cilantro Lime Sticky Rice 16 Jul 11:23
You Will Need
To make the rice, add all the ingredients, except the cilantro, to your rice cooker and follow the directions on the cooker. Once cooked, let cool and then stir in the cilantro. This rice is very wet, almost pasty. Once it is cooled, it is very, very sticky.
To make the filling, toss together all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
To assemble the roll, lay one sheet of nori on your bamboo mat. Spread about 1⁄3 cup (30 g) of the sticky rice on the nori on the half closest to you. Add about 1⁄4 cup (50 g) of the filling in the center of the rice. using the mat, tightly roll the sushi—the tighter, the better (this makes it easier to cut). Use your fingertips to seal the edge with a little bit of water. Repeat with the remaining nori sheets. Cut each roll into 8 equal pieces.
CREAMY SESAME SRIRACHA SAUCE
Also known as spicy sushi sauce, this delicious sauce is traditionally made by mixing
mayonnaise with sesame oil and Sriracha. The easiest way to veganize it is to just substitute
Vegenaise for the mayonnaise, but I made a pledge to write this book without the use of
premade substitutions, so here is a recipe that is made from scratch! (Well, except for the
Sriracha.) I really love this stuff. I use it on everything: tacos, burritos, salads, as a dip for
veggies, plus anything else I can think of. I always keep a squeeze bottle of this handy in
Add all the ingredients to a blender and purée until silky smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Yield: 21/2 cups (600 ml)