Make a clay Ice Cream Cone Charm
© 2020 Charlotte Stowell / Search Press · Reproduced with permission.
- VeganSprinkles favorited Ice Cream Cone Charm 23 Mar 08:45
- Sveta favorited Ice Cream Cone Charm 22 Nov 08:49
- mmotse03 favorited Ice Cream Cone Charm 30 Jan 10:03
- RareJewel favorited Ice Cream Cone Charm 16 May 06:41
- Dee D. added Ice Cream Cone Charm to mini 11 Feb 02:34
- Robyn A. favorited Ice Cream Cone Charm 03 Feb 12:53
- Calah L. added Ice Cream Cone Charm to ACCESSORIES 06 Jan 21:33
- Kinhime Dragon favorited Ice Cream Cone Charm 29 Oct 22:28
- viktoria.hutter.22 favorited Ice Cream Cone Charm 18 Oct 19:52
- jestertez added Ice Cream Cone Charm to Clay Tutes 16 Jul 23:38
Flatten a 2cm (¾in) diameter ball of pale brown polymer clay to 2mm (1/16 in) with a rolling pin. Cut out a 3cm (1¼in) circle, then cut off the top third.
Bake to set hard, then cool.
Roll a 3cm (1¼in) ball of white polymer clay into a sausage 6cm (23/8 in) long, then roll it flat with a rolling pin to 5mm (¼in) thick. Cut a strip 5mm (¼in) wide and twist it on top of the cone in a spiral.
Cut a thin chocolate stick from brown polymer clay rolled to 2mm (1/16 in) thick. Make it look flaky by pressing a craft knife along the sides.
Make a hole in the top of the ice cream with a needle for the mini screw eye, and another larger hole where the chocolate stick can later be glued.
Bake the finished ice cream cone and chocolate stick separately to set hard, and cool.
Glue the chocolate stick in place and fix a screw eye into the ice cream. Fix a jump ring on to the screw eye and thread a length of cotton cord through it. Attach a crimp and a jump ring to each end of the cord, and attach a clasp.
Use different colours to suggest two flavours in each cone for this icy charm.