Textile Folk Art
I was given a lovely collage by a friend. It is a true piece of folk art, made from remnants of suiting fabric and minimal stitching. In this mini workshop, I am using scraps that I have around the studio to make this piece. It’s a great project to give as a gift for a special occasion.
Making a Scrap Collage
- Nancy P. favorited House Collage 20 Jul 23:58
- Debbie S. added House Collage to Collages 26 Feb 07:51
- Debbie S. added House Collage to Wall Art 26 Feb 07:51
- Crafterella featured House Collage 10 Dec 23:00
- Kimya J. favorited House Collage 10 Dec 02:40
- Anova published her project House Collage 09 Dec 09:00
You Will Need
Cut out the pieces of the house using paper scissors and pin to pieces of fabric, embroidery and labels.
Using fabric scissors cut out the pieces of the house.
Arrange the pieces of the house on the background, and then pin or glue with a light coating of glue stick.
Now you are ready to embellish your piece using ribbon, buttons and some embroidery. My piece used a mixture of stitches, including backstitch, French knots and blanket stitch.