Cookie dipped in chocolate - what's not to like?!
A sweet biscuit cookie dough is rolled into long narrow sticks and dipped in chocolate with your favourite add-ins.
- Brittney S. added Homemade Pocky to Food 07 Jul 05:58
- Shawnshawn D. favorited Homemade Pocky 03 Mar 07:49
- Janay S. favorited Homemade Pocky 27 Oct 07:45
- SugarNSpiceLily added Homemade Pocky to chocolate 28 Jul 20:45
- OH! Its the Domo :3 favorited Homemade Pocky 28 Jul 01:53
- Madeline M. favorited Homemade Pocky 06 Jul 22:49
- Jesse H. favorited Homemade Pocky 11 Jun 19:46
- Rebecca M. favorited Homemade Pocky 11 Jun 00:18
- SilverSnake S. favorited Homemade Pocky 07 Jun 21:45
- Brittney S. added Homemade Pocky to To-make list 26 Apr 05:18
¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons water
1 cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
pinch of salt
¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
Chocolate Coating & Garnishes
white chocolate, melted and tempered
milk chocolate, melted and tempered
toasted coconut flakes
chopped toasted hazelnuts
chopped toasted pecans
Put it together
Mix the sweetened condensed milk with water and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt on low speed until well mixed.
Add the butter and mix until the mixture resembles cornmeal, about 5 minutes.
Mix in the condensed milk mixture all at once and continue mixing until it is fully incorporated and the dough forms a ball around the paddle.
Transfer to a large sheet of plastic wrap, pat into a 1-inch-thick disk, and wrap tightly in the plastic.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 300 F.
Cut the disk into 8 wedges. Work with one wedge at a time, put the rest back into the fridge.
Each wedge makes 2 sticks. Break the wedge in half and roll each half into a long stick shape
Transfer the sticks to a parchment- or Silpat-lined baking sheet, setting the sticks ½ inch apart.
Refrigerate the baking sheets, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
Bake until golden brown and crisp for 14 minutes. Rotate the pans at 7 minutes.
Cool completely before coating and garnishing