Mmmm...a sweet homemade ice cream treat and some weekend fun! Everyone can make their own serving!
With ice cream in a bag, each child gets to make their own serving of home-made ice cream. They can watch it freeze before their very own eyes! This is a hit for any age, young to the not-so-young!
This is actually a great science experiment. Have the grands guess why ice cream freezes, then go online and see what the salt does to the ice water solution to make it so cold.
I love experiments I can eat.
- Kimber C. added Homemade Ice Cream In A Bag to Sweets 03 Feb 03:09
- Kimber C. favorited Homemade Ice Cream In A Bag 03 Feb 03:09
- Laura W. commented on Homemade Ice Cream In A Bag 30 Nov 10:38
- Laura W. favorited Homemade Ice Cream In A Bag 30 Nov 10:36
- Crafterella featured Homemade Ice Cream In A Bag 21 Nov 12:23
- Adila K. favorited Homemade Ice Cream In A Bag 21 Nov 05:52
- CraftyCat added Homemade Ice Cream In A Bag to Cooking 20 Nov 02:24
- CraftyCat favorited Homemade Ice Cream In A Bag 20 Nov 02:23
- Kimya J. favorited Homemade Ice Cream In A Bag 17 Nov 02:18
- Shelly C. published her project Homemade Ice Cream In A Bag 10 Nov 09:00
The large gallon sized freezer bag holds the ice and the salt, like the outside drum of the home-made ice cream freezer. The smaller quart sized freezer bag holds the ice cream ingredients (milk, vanilla, sugar) and acts like the inner container of the home-made ice cream freezer.
It is helpful to use freezer bags as they are stronger and not as likely to break with a bit of rough handling.
Be SURE to get the bags well closed. There is nothing more disappointing then having salty ice cream when you are done!
Place the quart sized bag filled with ingredients inside the gallon sized bag with ice and salt.
This gets really, really cold during the mixing process so I have some hand towels handy to put around the bags so there’s no summer time frost bite on little fingers!
It may be best to be outside or over a sink as sometimes the bags break if someone gets too rowdy! Salt water on the kitchen floor is not fun to clean up.
You can eat your home-made ice cream right out of the bag or scoop it into a bowl, and be sure to have some fun with extra toppings!
Enjoy! WELCOME TO NANAS
Where there’s fun things to do with your “grand” kids!
Come join the fun! At www.WelcomeToNanas.com
This post and VIDEO instructions are found at: https://welcometonanas.com/make-your-own-ice-cream-in-a-bag/