Homemade Gummy Bears, AKA Gummy Heaven
One of our favorite treats is Gummy Bears. What I don’t love is all the corn syrup and artificial nasties you find in most store bought versions, or the organic ones cost $30 a pound. So I thought in this economy everyone wants to save money and make more things at home, so I thought you all would enjoy our recipe. There is so many versions you can make, this recipe is just a basic one.
- Izzy H. favorited Homemade Gummy Bears 08 Mar 12:57
- Chris M. favorited Homemade Gummy Bears 04 Oct 13:28
- Chudames favorited Homemade Gummy Bears 06 Apr 21:32
- Lily L. favorited Homemade Gummy Bears 07 Apr 16:05
- KozmicBlues added Homemade Gummy Bears to Mmmm Baba 30 Jan 10:27
- Bonnie B. added Homemade Gummy Bears to Omnomnom 05 Dec 19:55
- CookieBird Lover added Homemade Gummy Bears to snacks,drinks,meals and desserts 01 Sep 03:13
- CookieBird Lover favorited Homemade Gummy Bears 29 Aug 03:04
- mom d. favorited Homemade Gummy Bears 02 Jun 16:18
- Rachael H. added Homemade Gummy Bears to Want to do! 09 Mar 06:44
Take a candy mold and spray lightly with non-stick spray. If you don’t have a candy mold use a 9×9 baking dish and cut them into squares, kinda like turkish delights.
Once your mixture in the pan becomes clearish and not cloudy and more its ready to add your flavor extracts and a couple drops of food coloring, if you want and then to go in the molds.
Its easier to pour this into a glass measuring cup with a pour spout to pour into the molds at this point.
Theres lots of things you can try with these like….
Substitute 1 cup of herbal tea for one of the cups of juice for a nice change. I love hibiscus.
Add a couple drops of food coloring for a brighter color( I don’t like to personally, but you might ;0)
Substitute 1/2 of cup of apple sauce or pureed fruit for 1/2 cup of juice.
Sour Gummys~ Take 1 TSP of citric acid and 1/2 cup of sugar and combine. When you pull your gummys out of the mold roll in the sour sugar for super sour gummys!
1 6 oz package of Jello mix
5 packets of Knox Gelatine
1 cup of water
Follow instructions as listed. This makes a yummy, but less healthy version. ;0)