The Happy Baker
Because my vacation boyfriend is coming in one month.
- KelliDroze added Healthy Maple Almond Granola to Breakfast 10 Jul 01:53
- heather r. added Healthy Maple Almond Granola to Food Items to make 07 Jul 19:53
- Jenn favorited Healthy Maple Almond Granola 03 Jul 19:23
- Hester A. favorited Healthy Maple Almond Granola 01 Jul 17:31
- Harlequin published her project Healthy Maple Almond Granola 19 Apr 11:02
Preheat oven to 300˚F (150˚C). Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine maple syrup, honey, oil, cinnamon and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Stir in flaxseed meal, oats, almonds and coconut. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 35–45 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15–20 minutes. Granola will crisp up when cooled. Add dark chocolate chips when granola is thoroughly cooled.
This is great as a snack, or added to plain yogurt topped with fresh fruit and honey. I never seem to get sick of it, and it’s pretty good for you, too.
Cool; store in an airtight container.