A cute memoboard for the thrifty (broke).
This project was so easy and fun, I can't wait to do it again when I have better decorations at hand :)
- Kathy Gregson added Handy Heart Knock Off to Weihnachten 07 Dec 03:32
- Meena R. favorited Handy Heart Knock Off 07 Apr 10:26
- Rae F. added Handy Heart Knock Off to good ideas 10 Feb 15:21
- sherry.engle.5 favorited Handy Heart Knock Off 02 Dec 02:16
- Youghurt Jaja favorited Handy Heart Knock Off 27 Oct 19:08
- Hazzard favorited Handy Heart Knock Off 18 Oct 05:13
- Kathy Gregson favorited Handy Heart Knock Off 18 Oct 00:35
- Belle favorited Handy Heart Knock Off 16 Oct 23:45
- Pam ^_^ favorited Handy Heart Knock Off 16 Oct 22:31
As cover, I chose 'faux burlap' (it's was a plant protector), and since the holes in them are quite big, I had to cover up the the colors from the cereal brand. I mod podged some torn pieces from a music sheet to cover the front. You could cover the back as well if you want to be fancy. I didn't. I'm not fancy.
NB! : If you choose a fabric that isn't full of holes, you could put some batting under the fabric, to create a softer look.
Now flip it over and start thumbtacking the folds on the back, while drenching the edges in Elmers glue (or staple it down, if you have such fancy things on hand).
Stamp, stencil or decorate the front as you wish. Throw some glitterglue on it, let your hair down, go crazy. Let the glue dry. While letting it dry, put a book on top to make sure your cardboard doesn't bend while drying.