Made from plaster, clay and toilet paper ^_^
I love masquerade masks and decided to try my hand at making my own; this is just the base but I like the simplicity of it too.
- liza.minelli.564 favorited Handmade Masquerade Mask 01 Feb 22:08
- J S. favorited Handmade Masquerade Mask 18 Apr 04:24
- Lucy C. favorited Handmade Masquerade Mask 29 Mar 15:32
- notthatmj added Handmade Masquerade Mask to Masquerade 20 Oct 18:19
- PinkWeeds added Handmade Masquerade Mask to Labyrinth- Jareth 17 Jul 02:36
- delusionsofpurple favorited Handmade Masquerade Mask 25 Feb 07:01
- Millie P. favorited Handmade Masquerade Mask 31 Dec 14:31
- NMDZ favorited Handmade Masquerade Mask 15 Dec 20:40
- thegothdetectiv favorited Handmade Masquerade Mask 10 Nov 03:25
- RoseRed added Handmade Masquerade Mask to Inspiration 10 Oct 04:39
An hour after your final layer should give the mask enough time to stabilise (though it won't harden completely in this time, this is ok). Exercise your brow, nose and mouth muscles to get the mask moving then finally gently prise from your face with your fingers. Once fully dry, cut to shape/tidy up.
Apply a layer of air drying clay to the mask using a little water to act as adhesive/smooth out/limit any obvious cracks. This would be the time to emphasise any key areas you wish.
Depending on the thickness of clay used, drying time varies- my layer of around 2mm took a day and a half roughly.
Mix up some PVA and water (equal parts works) and 'paint' on some toilet paper to seal the mask and create a nice crinkled effect.