Fun, creative, and unique to each person.
For this Costume I used Simplicity 2172. I used the same colors as the picture. (Not something I ever do, but they're my favorite so I did it anyway). Because I'm short, I had to take a few inches out of the coat and skirt.
For the Jewelry
-Necklace- Simple Amulet bought from a craft store in the jewelry isle. The line used to hold it was also there.
-Earings- The tubes were a set from a craft store also in the jewelry isle. Might have been a seasonal thing, but anything can be earings. I also used silver studs I had, painted them maroon with nail polish, hot glued 2 of them together, wrapped the middle with some gold line and hot glued a ring to them and attached it to the tubes.
-Pocket Watch- Definitely a seasonal thing. Found this at AC Moore Crafts. The only place I've seen it so far. Its fake of course. I drew the Clock and put it inside the glass part.
-Ring- Another craft store bought item. Its amazing what you can find there! It opens, and has a small space inside. The top is see through.
I bought these for 3 dollars after searching every thrift store within 40 minutes of my house. I added a matching painted stud.
I found this for 3 dollars at an Antique outlet store. Wasn't looking for it. I'm guessing home made.
The hardest part of this whole project was this cane. The stick itself is actually a single table leg from Lowes for 5 dollars and spray painted black. Felt stickers on the bottom also from Lowes. The handle was from Hobby Lobby, for maybe 3 dollars. The plating around it was about 5 dollars from Hobby Lobby. I used the copper plate and spray painted it with flaky brass color. I wrapped line around the top and bottom for a more finished look. Then added matching red studs to the indented areas to hide the lack of alignment of the handle and plating. The emblem was a gear with an extra button from the coat glued on top of it to hide the plate seam.
If I missed anything, or you are curious about more details, let me know!
Some of the places I got my things:
AC Moore Crafts
Local thrift stores and antique shops.
Total Cost: Way too much. But so worth it.
- Eatacatify .. favorited Halloween Steam Punk Costume 05 Jan 14:24
- Lydia D. favorited Halloween Steam Punk Costume 28 Sep 21:40
- harley r. favorited Halloween Steam Punk Costume 04 Sep 11:26
- RayGunGirl added Halloween Steam Punk Costume to STEAMPUNK LOVE 22 Feb 08:38
- Belynda C. favorited Halloween Steam Punk Costume 30 Jul 00:07
- fetisha favorited Halloween Steam Punk Costume 15 Jun 20:30
- AlixxInWonderland favorited Halloween Steam Punk Costume 13 Jun 10:10
- SteamAlyce favorited Halloween Steam Punk Costume 07 May 06:46
- Chloe L. favorited Halloween Steam Punk Costume 05 May 01:47
- Kenny the kitty favorited Halloween Steam Punk Costume 19 Apr 12:43
Kiwi Kaos posted this project as a creation without steps
Here are some similar tutorials to help you make this one!