Simply beautifull skirt, (and very easy to make)
Easy job - great results! I wear this skirt with a corset and it looks stunning.
note: You might need to fold the edges of the skirt too, but that depends on the fabric you use - in my skirt I folded the edges of the red fabric, but didn't need to do it with the lace.
- Brianna E. favorited "Gothic" Skirt 04 Nov 06:27
- Rebecca Lea G. favorited "Gothic" Skirt 26 Feb 18:41
- Kaitlynn L. favorited "Gothic" Skirt 25 Jan 02:50
- lauren s. favorited "Gothic" Skirt 14 Nov 05:43
- doll.hart1 added "Gothic" Skirt to clothing 04 Nov 05:33
- The Sewing Maven favorited "Gothic" Skirt 31 Oct 21:52
- Tiffany M. added "Gothic" Skirt to Skirts 26 Oct 02:36
- nora c. added "Gothic" Skirt to Amy Lee of Evanescence 06 Jul 22:47
- nora c. favorited "Gothic" Skirt 06 Jul 22:09
- Morbid M. favorited "Gothic" Skirt 16 Jun 20:02
First you need to measure the widest part of your body that will need to go through the skirt (usually hips)^^
Now divide it by 2*3.14 ( twice pi ) and you'll get the needed radius.
Now fold your square of fabric in four. From the inner point measure the radius you've got. Make a few measurements and mark, so that you'll end up with quarter of a circle - as shown in the picture.
Cut on the line - you'll get a hole in the middle of your fabric square.
Do the same with the second piece of fabric.
Now fold the fabric edge around the hole inside (1/5 cm would suffice) and sew. Make sure you're sewing both of the pieces together. You'll get a messy edge folded inside.
Now, to hide the mess and prevent your skirt from falling apart - fold again, as the blue arrow shows, and sew. This time make it fit your elastic band's width.
All you've left to do is to insert the elastic band into the skirt!
First fit the band to yourself - put it around the place your skirt is going to be on, tighten a bit to make it hold and mark the needed length. Then insert it inside the fold you've sewn and sew it to itself following your mark.
Wear and enjoy!