White Bear with Black Stripes:
White boucle for body, 208 yards (80 g) of superbulky-weight (#6 superbulky)
Black mohair for ears and stripes, 138 yards (35 g) of sport-weight (#2 fine)
Black wool for embroidery, small amount of fingering-weight (#1 superfine)
Black bear with Gray Polka Dots:
Black angora for body, 409 yards (115 g) of sport-weight (#2 fine)
Gray mohair for polka dots, small amount of (115 g) of sport-weight (#2 fine)
Gray wool for embroidery, small amount of fingering-weight (#1 superfine)
Two ⅛” (3 mm) black eye buttons
Two 1/4” (6 mm) white felt circles (for black bear only)
C/2 (2.75 mm)
© 2019 Hisako Okawa / Andrews McMeel Publishing · Reproduced with permission. · From Long-Legged Friends, Crochet Creatures to Create and Cuddle, by Hisako and Shizue Okawa, Andrews McMeel Publishing, LLC
- Sofia favorited Furry Bear 12 Mar 14:03
- lagrimasDmimo added Furry Bear to amigurumi 04 Jul 02:10
- WerewolfCas favorited Furry Bear 21 Oct 02:42
- susan a. favorited Furry Bear 13 Oct 05:12
- Amanda M. favorited Furry Bear 12 Sep 02:24
- Alice N. added Furry Bear to Toys 02 Sep 11:43
- Lotusburger favorited Furry Bear 31 Aug 20:24
- Arty Kitkat favorited Furry Bear 28 Aug 21:12
- Michelle S. added Furry Bear to Plushies 28 Aug 20:41
Make the Furry Bear
1. Crochet each part. For the white bear, crochet the body, arms, and feet with stripes. For the black bear, crochet the polka dots and sew them to the body as shown, or create your own fun pattern.
2. Stuff each part, except the ears. Make sure to use the wrong side of the single crochet as the outside fabric.
3. Attach the eyes and nose to the head. Embroider the nose and mouth, as shown in the diagram.
4. Sew all parts together, as shown on page 49.
5. Slip the shoes onto the feet.