Create a cute mermaid-inspired skirt. No experience required!
i was only able to sew on the front side of my skirt, due to a loss of thread, although I wanted for the "scales" to go all around the skirt.
You can apply this technique to any piece of clothing and with any fabric! My friend wants me to make her a tank top with triangle "tulle" scales all over the front, so be creative with the shapes as well!
- Key West Witch favorited Fish Scale Skirt 12 Sep 08:56
- Ariane D. favorited Fish Scale Skirt 23 Sep 05:05
- Creative F. added Fish Scale Skirt to Ill try 06 Sep 15:56
- Roughwaters44 favorited Fish Scale Skirt 08 Jul 04:05
- fritzcracker favorited Fish Scale Skirt 20 Mar 02:42
- veronica f. favorited Fish Scale Skirt 01 Dec 13:04
- rouge s. favorited Fish Scale Skirt 07 Nov 01:45
- C.Rami favorited Fish Scale Skirt 18 Oct 08:45
- tany b. favorited Fish Scale Skirt 09 Jul 14:28
- annie.g favorited Fish Scale Skirt 12 May 02:04
Pull out your cardboard and sketch out a circle with your marking tool to the size you want. Cut the circle out with an Xacto knife or a pair of scissors.
This will be your "scale" template.
Sew each of the circles on one at a time at the top, with small but strong stitches. Make sure that each circle's stitch is covered by the circle above it.
If you want to, for the top of the skirt, you can cut some of your circles in half and sew them onto the waistband so as the cover up the top circles' stitches.