An adorable owl to spice up any outfit!
These owl clips are super easy and quick to make. You can make them in whatever colors you choose. They can also be used for brooches if you prefer those too!
- Felt_Ow_Tut.jpg 106 KB [ Download ]
- Kimya J. favorited Felt Owl Hair Clip 04 Nov 03:20
- Kylie L. favorited Felt Owl Hair Clip 04 Nov 16:20
- Luna P. favorited Felt Owl Hair Clip 23 May 09:10
- mizukixinoue favorited Felt Owl Hair Clip 25 Jul 17:53
- Melissa Y. favorited Felt Owl Hair Clip 26 Jan 03:08
- pixiepiness added Felt Owl Hair Clip to Hair Accessories 15 Jan 13:11
- pixiepiness favorited Felt Owl Hair Clip 15 Jan 13:10
- donna.kempton.35 favorited Felt Owl Hair Clip 26 Aug 11:47
Now we start sewing. You can use same color thread or do as I did and make your stitches show with a contrasting thread. I like the look of the stitching. Make sure you leave one of your body pieces to the side. This is our back to cover our stitches. My pieces are attached using a basic running stitch. I used embroidery thread to make the eyes, but I have also used seed beads. It's up to you. You could even just use a permanent marker and draw dots.
After all the pieces are sew on we move to the back of our owl. Pick up your other body piece and fold it in half lengthwise. Make two small snips in the fold. Unfold, and now we have a loop to insert our hairclip. The brilliance (if I do say so myself) of this type of loop is that we can remove the clip and reverse it to put the owl on either side of your hair!