Switch up that plain skirt to make something the fashion bloggers would envy!
Take a simple pencil or a-line skirt, do some easy pattern drafting and adjust the shape to create a stylish faux wrap silhouette, inspired by street style.
- Corvii added Faux Wrap Skirt Pattern Hack to Clothing 13 Jul 19:31
- Kellyton K. favorited Faux Wrap Skirt Pattern Hack 18 Mar 16:40
- Bloodyhiccup favorited Faux Wrap Skirt Pattern Hack 12 Oct 18:02
- Demy D. favorited Faux Wrap Skirt Pattern Hack 30 Sep 11:30
- le.yla.5492 favorited Faux Wrap Skirt Pattern Hack 20 Jul 19:31
- Linda of Nice dress! Thanks, I made it!! favorited Faux Wrap Skirt Pattern Hack 03 Jul 14:02
- Theresa K. favorited Faux Wrap Skirt Pattern Hack 15 Jun 05:31
- The Sassy Sparrow added Faux Wrap Skirt Pattern Hack to Kate Winslet 07 Feb 23:10
- Tiffany G. favorited Faux Wrap Skirt Pattern Hack 06 Dec 01:03
- Melissa Beth favorited Faux Wrap Skirt Pattern Hack 18 Nov 07:55
Choose a base skirt pattern. If your skirt isn't already a-line alter the side seams of the front and back skirt pieces, taking them out slightly from the hip down, as shown by the dotted lines in the picture.
Lengthen the back pattern piece of the skirt to the finished length you would like, plus seam allowance. The front will remain shorter.
Cut the facings or waistband as usual.
The starting point to make the faux wrap pieces is to trace the altered side seam edge of the existing front and back pattern pieces.
They only need to be deep enough to meet at the centre front top of the skirt, with a little bit extra added to allow room for hemming. It is almost an exact copy of the back skirt pieces, (without darts) but I trimmed around 3cm from the bottom corner, diagonally to the top centre front corner, to give that diagonal line where the pieces don't completely meet in the middle.
Hem the top and centre front sides of your faux wrap skirt before construction.
Hem the bottom of the front skirt piece before construction.