Fall Pumpkin & Mushroom Salad
Light, yet decadent, this pumpkin and mushroom salad is classified as comfort food!
You Will Need
1. Prepare you pumpkin. Slice open, remove the seeds and peel or cut off the skin. Cube the pumpkin meat into 1″ to 2″ squares.
2. Combine the pumpkin, shallots, mushroom tops and oil in a bowl and toss to coat.
3. Put baking sheet under the broiler for about 15-20 minutes until pumpkin is slightly charred and cooked through.You will have to turn the veggies with a spatula a few times during the cooking to help them cook evenly. When veggies are cooked through transfer them to a bowl.
4. Whisk the balsamic with the fresh lemon juice. If using a canned truffle mince about 1 oz and add it and 1 tablespoon of the oil truffle into the dressing. (If you are not using the truffle oil, use 1 tbsp olive oil) Whisk in the rosemary and let it sit for a minute to for the flavors to marry.
5. Toss the dressing in the now warm to room temperature broiled veggies.
6. Plate at this time a nice portion of greens and top it with the roasted veggies. If using a fresh truffle, slice 4 or 5 slices on a truffle slicer over each serving or drizzle a small (less is more here) amount of truffle oil last minute over each salad and serve.