I took some old ribbon scraps and made a sleeve for a glass jar.
I took some old ribbon scraps and made a sleeve for a glass jar. This is a quick and easy project, a good way to use your embroidered ribbon scraps, and a free project if you’re using an old glass jar or tin can.
- archana l. favorited Embroidered Ribbon Sleeve 03 Feb 07:39
- Blanca G. favorited Embroidered Ribbon Sleeve 05 Sep 04:42
- Libby W. added Embroidered Ribbon Sleeve to Homewares 22 Apr 20:05
- Audrey P. favorited Embroidered Ribbon Sleeve 02 Feb 05:34
- Laura B. favorited Embroidered Ribbon Sleeve 26 Jan 05:16
- Libby W. added Embroidered Ribbon Sleeve to Gift ideas for Claire 07 Jan 21:22
- Lorrie B. added Embroidered Ribbon Sleeve to home dec 23 Nov 20:04
- Kathleen R. added Embroidered Ribbon Sleeve to To-make list 26 Sep 06:31
- Joanne W. favorited Embroidered Ribbon Sleeve 23 Sep 21:11
- Katharine C. favorited Embroidered Ribbon Sleeve 23 Aug 18:42
Simply cut pieces of ribbon approximately 1? longer than the circumference of the jar and sew each ribbon right sides facing with barely any seam allowance until you have one large rectangular shaped piece. Press after each additional ribbon is sewn. Fold the piece over and sew right sides together with a 1/2? seam allowance, forming a sleeve. Easy! I planted a primrose in this jar, but put some rocks in the bottom for drainage. I’m sure to kill it, but then I can use the jar for fresh flowers or as a pencil holder.