Hand Embroidered Patchwork Postcard
Isn't there something so lovely about receiving a handwritten postcard? This is a hand embroidered postcard with patchwork and embroidered embellishments that is sure to make the recipient smile for days, maybe even weeks!
- bmcbrien1 favorited Embroidered Post Card 26 Oct 18:31
- bkind2me08501 favorited Embroidered Post Card 27 Jul 14:59
- Chudames added Embroidered Post Card to Needlework 07 May 00:07
- Chudames favorited Embroidered Post Card 07 May 00:07
- Suzi T. favorited Embroidered Post Card 28 Mar 18:19
- mariatsi favorited Embroidered Post Card 24 Mar 10:35
- banu added Embroidered Post Card to Sewing fun 23 Mar 09:18
- Mary K. favorited Embroidered Post Card 21 Mar 13:31
- Kristen V. published her project Embroidered Post Card 27 Feb 20:28
Sift through your fabric scraps in order to piece together the front panel of the postcard. I used a piece of paper cut to 8 inches wide by 6.5 inches tall and placed the fabric scraps on it until I found a placement I liked. If you prefer, you can use one piece of fabric instead of scraps or multiple pieces.
Stitch the fabric together in order to make a rectangle that fits the 8x6.5 dimensions. I used smaller pieces of fabric as patches, I pressed under the raw egdes and stitched them directly onto the fabric I had pieced together. The cherry embroidery was a test stitch I made using a pattern from a Sublime Stitching starter kit. The kit I used is no longer in print, but you can find some new wonderful ones at sublimestitching.com