This bracelet is easy to make with exotic results!
Colour was very important in ancient Egypt and this bracelet takes it's inspiration from there. The word for turquoise was mefkat meaning joy or delight, blue indicated the heavens, and gold represented the sun or the skin of the Gods. This bracelet is easy to make with exotic results!
- Sara M. favorited Egyptian Blue Bracelet 28 Feb 07:20
- Conner W. added Egyptian Blue Bracelet to craft ideas 11 Jul 00:41
- Conner W. added Egyptian Blue Bracelet to fashion 11 Jul 00:41
- Conner W. favorited Egyptian Blue Bracelet 11 Jul 00:40
- Jessica D. added Egyptian Blue Bracelet to Accessories 04 Jan 06:41
- Jennifer T. favorited Egyptian Blue Bracelet 07 Jul 04:47
- Lorrie B. added Egyptian Blue Bracelet to jewelery 05 Jul 23:47
- Michele favorited Egyptian Blue Bracelet 15 Dec 15:43
You Will Need
Cut 3 x 40cm* lengths of Nymo loom thread. About 10cm along from the end, knot them together. Before the knot thread all 3 strands through 1 rocaille of either colour and then tie several knots to secure.
*Your finished bracelet will be just over 18cm long but it is easier to work with the longer lengths to begin with.
Place the knotted rocaille in the centre of the calotte. With your pliers, press down to secure. Thread your needle onto one strand of the Nymo and add the following beads: 8 royal blue rocailles, 1 gold rocaille, 1 sky blue moon bead, and 1 gold rocaille. Then pass through the outer hole on one of your spacer bars.
Add sequence 2: 1 gold rocaille, 1 sky blue moon bead, 1 gold rocaille, 8 royal blue rocailles. Repeat this. Then add 1 gold rocaille, 1 sky blue moon bead and 1 gold rocaille to complete sequence 2 before passing through the next spacer on the outer hole. Repeat sequence 2 twice more ending with spacer bars each time. Then add 1 gold rocaille, 1 sky blue moon bead, 1 gold rocaille and 8 royal blue rocailles. Loop your thread round and through the last rocaille twice to keep secure while you are threading the other two strands.
Apart from substituting the sky blue moon beads for turquoise, the central row is made in the same way. The third row is exactly the same as the first.
When you have completed all 3 rows, tie them together as close to the last beads as possible. Pass all 3 rows through 1 rocaille, as you did in step 1, and knot to secure. Cover with a calotte.