Easy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
These vegan buffalo cauliflower "wings" are a perfect appetizer for a party or game day. The consistency obviously isn't the same as boneless wings, but the flavor and crunch is amazing. Plus no animals will be harmed in the making of these! These will easily satisfy your craving for a saucy vegan appetizer.
- Bryan S. favorited Easy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites 28 Aug 08:02
- andre g. commented on Easy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites 27 Aug 16:12
- andre g. favorited Easy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites 27 Aug 16:12
- Lindsay B. favorited Easy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites 09 Aug 17:09
- Katherine T. added Easy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites to Food 09 Aug 15:46
- Crafterella featured Easy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites 05 Aug 23:00
- Sarah Ottino published her project Easy Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Bites 02 Aug 09:00
- 4 cups of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of white flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup water + more for thinning
- Oil for frying
- 1/2 cup buffalo or hot sauce for topping
- Vegan ranch or blue cheese for dipping
- Chop your cauliflower into bite-size pieces.
MAKE THE BATTER:
- Combine the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, cornstarch, garlic, cayenne) in a large bowl.
- Mix with a whisk or fork until they're evenly combined.
- Add 1/3 cup of water to the bowl. Whisk until a thick batter forms (it should be like pancake batter).
- If it's too thick, continue adding water about 2 tbsp at a time until you get to the desired consistency.
FRY THE CAULIFLOWER:
- Heat the oil in a large pot on the stove, over medium heat. (I used a 12-inch sauce pot and heated about 2-inches of oil in the pot.)
- Coat the cauliflower bites in the batter, then drop them in the hot oil.
- Fry the cauliflower until they're golden brown, then remove them from the oil and place on a drying rack to cool.
- Repeat with the rest of the cauliflower.
- Once the cauliflower is done frying, toss them in about 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce.
- Serve immediately with a side of vegan ranch or blue cheese.
TIPS & TRICKS:
- You should be able to fit a lot of cauliflower in your pot, but make sure to not overcrowd the pot. You don't want them to really be touching or on top of each other.
- Servings: 6
- Calories: 218
- Total Fat: 21g
- Carbs: 9g
- Protein: 2g