I have been working on a miniature circus, which you can see here.
I had it almost finished, but making the animals was holding me back.
Finally, I came up with a simple form in a paper mache style that seemed to work pretty well.
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Easy Paper Mache Circus Animals 18 Jul 04:36
- Xion added Easy Paper Mache Circus Animals to Circus 05 Sep 19:16
- Sofia favorited Easy Paper Mache Circus Animals 12 Mar 13:47
- PixieFey favorited Easy Paper Mache Circus Animals 29 Feb 17:13
- Corinne D. published her project Easy Paper Mache Circus Animals 29 Feb 09:00
Using a 20 g. wire, and pliers, I made an armature for each animal.
Just sort of a line drawing in 3-D to hold the form.
and a tiger, to jump through a flaming hoop!
I used just what I had at home already,an made a sort of quick paper mache.
I tore strips of tissue paper ( used green b/c I was impatient, but white tissue paper would probably work best), and painted the surface under and over each layer
with a watered down white glue mixture. This takes about 24 hours to fully dry. When they do dry
they are lightweight but very sturdy, and ready to be painted.
I did apply one coat of white primer to them first, before adding color.