Yummy and cheap! Vegetarian and almost Vegan.
I really love mozzarella sticks, but the price and grease keep me from getting them often. Also I don't like ordering such things when I can't be sure it's cooked away from meat. I took the basic way to make yummy sticks and made it a little healthier. Enjoy!
I will add pictures of the process next time I make this.
- Flynn M. favorited Easy Mozzerella Sticks 18 Oct 06:21
- Agnes S. favorited Easy Mozzerella Sticks 14 Jun 16:28
- Rachael H. added Easy Mozzerella Sticks to Food 17 Dec 05:58
- Xandrianne K. added Easy Mozzerella Sticks to Yummy 21 Aug 18:50
- Lejka B. favorited Easy Mozzerella Sticks 07 May 18:18
- reblav added Easy Mozzerella Sticks to vegan 31 Mar 04:41
- Jasinta M. added Easy Mozzerella Sticks to Dinner Time 30 Mar 23:40
- keisha w. favorited Easy Mozzerella Sticks 26 Mar 01:26
- Jen C. favorited Easy Mozzerella Sticks 24 Mar 14:57
- Millie H. added Easy Mozzerella Sticks to Food and drink 20 Mar 22:32
First gather your ingredients:
*8 mozzarella cheese sticks or vegan cheese sticks. (or 4 sticks sliced in half)
*1/2 cup bread crumbs
*1/2 cup flour
*1/4 cup soymilk
*Egg alternative (2 eggs)
Mix together your egg alternative equivalent of 2 eggs and the 1/4 soymilk. Put this into a shallow bowl.
Now the fun part!
Take a cheese stick and dip it into the egg + milk mixture, allow the excess liquid to drip off and immediately put the cheese stick into your flour bowl. Roll the cheese stick around until it is completely covered in flour. Now Dip it in the egg + milk mixture AGAIN this time you roll it in the breadcrumbs.
(To make thinner cheese sticks slice in half prior to dipping.)
Once your sticks are golden brown or the cheese begins melting through remove from oil. If you have paper towels blot the extra grease away.
If you would like some marinara sauce to dip your sticks in you can use spaghetti sauce or process/grind a can of Italian tomatoes.