A little wire, a little magic, and you have the perfect accessory!
These Deathly Hallows (or Peverell) symbol earrings are inexpensive and extremely quick and easy to make. Show your belief in the Hallows just like Xenophelius Lovegood. Perfect for all your Potter parties!
-Gold-tone beading wire (20 gauge)
-2 large gold-tone jump rings (About the same thickness as the wire.)
-6 small gold-tone jump rings
-Piece of scrap paper
-2 pre-made earrings of your choice (I recommend posts instead of hooks because these are very light. Hooks stay in better with heavier dangles.)
-Round-nose jewelry pliers (Two pair makes working the wire easier.)
-Pencil or pen
- Judi W. favorited Easy Deathly Hallows Earrings 21 Jul 18:40
- Steph. commented on Easy Deathly Hallows Earrings 27 Jun 07:52
- Steph. favorited Easy Deathly Hallows Earrings 27 Jun 07:51
- Hayley S favorited Easy Deathly Hallows Earrings 20 Mar 17:08
- Loelle favorited Easy Deathly Hallows Earrings 22 Feb 10:20
- kieeeera_ favorited Easy Deathly Hallows Earrings 12 Feb 18:20
- Sarah S. added Easy Deathly Hallows Earrings to Jewelry 19 Jan 07:09
- AlterEgo Designs favorited Easy Deathly Hallows Earrings 30 Dec 06:37
- L K. favorited Easy Deathly Hallows Earrings 15 Aug 09:44
- Chloe T. added Easy Deathly Hallows Earrings to Harry Potter 05 Aug 12:46
DRAW A PATTERN:
Put one of your large jump rings on a piece of paper. Eyeball and draw a roughly equilateral triangle around it. Draw a second triangle around the first, with about a millimeter of space between. Draw a line down the center.
The space between the triangles is the guide for shaping the wire.
Trim off a little of the short end with your wire cutters. Bend it backwards and left over the apex of the triangle and into a loop. The end of the wire should close a loop with the left side of the triangle behind the center Wand. (Click on the picture for a larger view.)
Trim the excess wire from the Wand so that it's the same height as the Cloak (the triangle) and make sure the end of the Wand goes behind the bottom wire. (Pictured in the next step.)
ADD THE JUMP RINGS:
Make sure the large jump ring is fully closed. (You can see in this picture there's a small gap. This needs to be fixed so a small jump ring won't slip through the gap.)
Open one of the small jump rings and put it around either the left or right side of the Cloak. Add the large jump ring from the front side of the Hallows symbol (over the Wand, not under it) and close the small jump ring.
Repeat this on the other side of the Cloak. The large jump ring (the Stone) should now hang freely from the left and right sides of the Cloak.