And others! Make a wreath out of all sorts of things!
I made one of these for a Christmas gift this year, and then made a bunch more & even started selling them on Etsy :D
My boyfriend enjoys helping me brainstorming themes and pick out stuff to put on the wreaths. Here is my favorite wreath I made right after Christmas. This was my first of this larger size.
I hope you have fun making them and share your pictures & leave your own tips!
I used the basic tutorial from this blog, and modified it to include other elements aside from just ornaments. I also used plastic ornaments that I painted and such, because I like the rim less fragile than all glass:
After Christmas sales get you a bounty of things! People snatch up the ornament balls pretty quickly, but you can find random swag that you can dismantle to use. Also check the thrift stores after Christmas, people often give away a lot of ornaments right after the holidays.
- liza.minelli.564 added Doctor Who Tardis Wreath to wreaths 03 Feb 04:27
- Rebecca M. favorited Doctor Who Tardis Wreath 14 Jun 13:46
- Penny F. added Doctor Who Tardis Wreath to decorating ideas 27 Apr 10:58
- Vienna A. favorited Doctor Who Tardis Wreath 23 Feb 21:16
- Meta H. added Doctor Who Tardis Wreath to fandoms 21 Feb 16:10
- Rainbow Wyvern favorited Doctor Who Tardis Wreath 16 Feb 19:28
- AustinLLS published her project Doctor Who Tardis Wreath 16 Feb 15:23
You Will Need
Here is what I used (see images):
• Tardis Ornament (I've also used a Tardis toy)
• LED Light Strings (I used two. I found the ones for this wreath at Ikea, but discovered some just the same at a dollar store with stars on them - the stars or whatever can just be popped off.)
• A Wire Wreath Frame, 20-Inch (I've used smaller foam ones, too)
• Blue or Silver Garland Be sure to get the full, thick, chunky kind. It takes a lot less and works better than the cheap thin kind. Also easier not to get tangled.
• Craft Wire (for hanging the wreath, tying on the lights and securing heavy bits)
• Ribbon or Burlap (to sort of hide the hanging wire - this is optional - it isn't easy to see anyway)
• Lots of plastic and/or glass ornaments and sparkly swag (I painted the plastic ornaments and added more "Tardis Blue" when I felt like I didn't have enough of that color. They don't have to all be "Tardis Blue" but I wanted a fair bit.)
• High Temp Glue Gun & Glue Sticks
• A Wreath Hanger (or just a picture wall hook/Command strip)
I painted several of the ornaments because I didn't think they looked nice enough, or they weren't the shade I wanted :D
I made an Iron Man wreath from a T-Shirt I got from ThinkGeek.
The other wreath... well... I call it the Random Crap Wreath. I made it from an old photo frame, and glued on random little bits of silly I've collected or been given over the years. It makes me happy :D