In this tutorial, I'll show you how to make a simple, portable, pocket notebook perfect for jotting down ideas and inspiration using recycled scraps!
I'm always on the lookout for new ideas and inspiration but I can't tell you how many times inspiration strikes at the most inopportune time: when I'm out and about but there is (of course) no paper to be found. I often end up scribbling it down on a questionably wrinkly napkin only to lose it in the depths of my black hole purse.
- julie p. favorited Diy Recycled Pocket Notebook 02 Sep 14:23
- Ec T. favorited Diy Recycled Pocket Notebook 25 Jan 05:44
- kzk favorited Diy Recycled Pocket Notebook 28 Nov 18:05
- Chudames favorited Diy Recycled Pocket Notebook 19 Nov 19:54
- ciara r. favorited Diy Recycled Pocket Notebook 12 Nov 06:02
- MamaMindy added Diy Recycled Pocket Notebook to Bookmaking Tutorials 11 Nov 22:56
- Heather S. favorited Diy Recycled Pocket Notebook 06 Nov 23:19
- marrit.wijngaarden favorited Diy Recycled Pocket Notebook 17 Aug 12:56
- AmandaCraig919 favorited Diy Recycled Pocket Notebook 16 Aug 00:53
- Ashley K. added Diy Recycled Pocket Notebook to Bookbinding ^.^ 29 Jul 01:14
1. Cut your cereal box to your desired size. To make it easier to fold, score your cardboard lightly at the halfway point with an X-acto knife or rotary cutter.
2. Cut your pages slightly smaller than the size of your cardboard. I did about 12 sheets, so I had 24 pages. Fold your pages in half.
3. Position your pages inside your cardboard and staple the spine.
7. Optional: Using your corner punch, round the edges of both your cardboard and your pages.
8. To decorate, I used the end of an eraser and white acrylic paint to make a polka dot pattern. I also had a scrap piece of white contact paper/drawer liner that I used to cover the spine. I then used a gold sharpie and pen to title my pocket notebook.
Feel free to decorate this any way you like; I just wanted to use up some odds and ends materials that I had lying around. I also used the same polka dot technique here! With a cute pocket notebook like this, there shouldn't be any excuse to not jot your ideas down. Keep calm and stay inspired!