Bake and decorate salt dough hearts
I believe that nothing shows love better than a gift you took a time to craft with your own two hands. These little hearts are really easy to make and are a pretty gift idea for anyone special in your life
- Sarah Sylvia S. favorited Diy Modern Salt Dough Hearts 19 Jul 05:07
- Leia B. favorited Diy Modern Salt Dough Hearts 20 Mar 22:41
- Emily D. favorited Diy Modern Salt Dough Hearts 08 Jul 01:40
- MamaMindy added Diy Modern Salt Dough Hearts to Clay Tutorials 11 Nov 22:20
- orenintre favorited Diy Modern Salt Dough Hearts 01 Nov 15:58
- Judy W. added Diy Modern Salt Dough Hearts to Valentine 29 Sep 09:57
- ForestFolk added Diy Modern Salt Dough Hearts to Inspiration for makes 28 Sep 19:10
- Merissa H. favorited Diy Modern Salt Dough Hearts 28 Sep 17:13
- Flo Di favorited Diy Modern Salt Dough Hearts 26 Sep 05:14
- Linakins favorited Diy Modern Salt Dough Hearts 25 Sep 21:32
Step 1. Mix salt and flour then add water gradually until the consistency is dough-like. It shouldn't be sticky.
Step 2. Knead dough until it's soft.
Step 3. Roll it out to 0,5 cm thickness.
Step 4. Cut out your hearts using cookie cutters.
Step 5. Poke holes in the hearts, using a straw (for a string/ribbon)
Step 6. Preheat oven to 100'C.
Step 7. Gently transfer your hearts onto the baking paper-lined tray.
Step 8. Place in the oven and bake for 3 hours.
For decorating, here is what I did:
Step 1. Polish the edges of the hearts using sand paper.
Step 2. Spray paint them with white acrylic paint
Step 3. Play with the colors and paint different patterns with blue, peachy pink and neon pink paint
Step 4. Wrap washi tape around them and stick your love notes under.
Step 5. Cover the hearts with a thin layer of mod podge glue and decorate with gold leaf.
Step 6. When the hearts are dry, thread string/ribbn through the hole and tie a knot.